Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Time for Term 4

I always suspected that Charlottesville abided by its own weather code. And now I have proof. The other day, I was driving down to Charlottesville from Washington, DC and when I was ten miles outside of town, this was the view from my car:

Spending the past few weeks away from Charlottesville with family and friends outside of the Darden community was healthy and rejuvenating. After the amount of time and effort I put into the first semester, I felt like I had earned a winter vacation. Returning reenergized to Charlottesville, it’s time to kick off my fourth term as a Darden first-year.

Of course, an abrupt cold-turkey separation from Darden would have presented its challenges, so here are two ways Darden played a role in my winter break.

Job Trek in Washington, DC: Thanks to the effort of one of my classmates, Darden students interested in consulting had the privilege of visiting nine different consulting firms in Washington, DC. This was a fantastic networking opportunity that provided us with great insights into the inner workings of various consulting offices.

Interview Preparation with Classmates: While many might not find this fun, I really enjoyed setting up Skype sessions with my classmates to assist in our interview preparation. After spending nearly every waking hour of a semester with Darden friends, it was a good excuse to catch up with my classmates scattered around the world for the holidays. Over the next few weeks we'll be putting this preparation to use as we interview for summer internships.

No comments:

Post a Comment